Inspecting the basement of a vacant house, we came across this container marked poison! First of all its poison, which is dangerous to leave around in any house and especially a house that you are selling.
A curious child or a adult wondering what is in the jar could be poisoned, possibly by just touching the exterior of the container.
Worse yet is what was written on the side of the jar, that this (unidentified) poison should be poured into the vertical clean-out on the sewer twice a month to keep them free, along with a comment about wearing rubber gloves.
Considering that the sellers real estate disclosure document did not mention any sewer drainage issues, we recommended our client to get the drain inspected with camera scope and to have the seller organize the professionally removed and disposed of the “poison”.
We heard back from our happy client that the drains were cracked and partially blocked with tree roots.
Leave a Reply