You will appreciate the detailed, yet easy to follow report presented to you on site at the end of the inspection. Your property will be inspected from top to bottom, inside and out, one area at a time.
The Commercial Inspection Type
The choice is yours: a thorough area by area inspection (looking at every detail) which can in larger buildings become costly, often spending time notating minor cosmetic type items. –OR– If it’s a large building we suggest basing the inspection on time, (i.e. 1 day, 3/4 day, etc) and we begin with the most important items (i.e. Roof, HVAC, Electrical, Exterior, Foundation) and work towards the less important aspects (i.e. Interior Doors, Walls, Insulation). We can discuss your goals and expectations before hand to determine which method suits your priorities.
For apartment buildings or hotels, we recommend a random sampling of rooms. Choose 10 to 20 rooms/units to inspect, then extrapolate the results for the building.
What Do We Inspect?
The following components can all be inspected:
- Foundation, Basement, Grading
- Roof, flashing, gutters, down spouts
- Exterior siding, windows and doors
- Heating systems and its components
- Air Conditioning system and its components
- Electrical system and it’s components
- Complete plumbing systems and water heaters
- Attic framing, firewalls, insulation, ventilation
- Break room/ Kitchens; appliances, counter tops and cabinets
- Walls, floors, ceilings, doors, stairways
- Porch, patio, deck
- Parking area, grading, drainage, retaining walls
A Learning Experience
The inspection can be a great learning experience for you if you are attending. It is an opportunity for you to gather information about the financial decision you making. Furthermore, this may also be your only opportunity to get a feel for the property before you purchase it. Despite the fact that you may have visited it one or more times with your Realtor, chances are you have not had time to really look at everything in enough detail to fully understand what you are buying.
Everything you learn about the property is knowledge that can be used to successfully negotiate your purchase. Our commercial property inspection is designed to help give you up-front information so that you can be a knowledgeable, well-informed buyer.