Get the Most from Your Home Inspection
- Attending the Inspection is the most important thing for you to do, this is your learning experience. Coming at the end is “OK” buy a poor substitute for being there from the start.
Have all of the utilities turned on (if at all possible). We can Inspect with utilities off, but may have to make some educated guesses.
- Allow about three and a half hours for your Inspection, a house that is small has all the same components as a larger building and its amazing how long it takes to do a really thorough job.
- Be prepared to walk around and observe
- Bring a note pad and pen to make notes, measure rooms if you are unsure of your furniture sizes. If you are replacing floor coverings or window treatments this is the time to get your measurements.
You may want to measure the garage to see if your vehicles will fit in, particularly if you have a full size van or pickup.
- Voice your concerns and get answers, the next time you are in the house it will be yours.
- Ask questions, its your time to learn all about your big purchase.